Work It Out: 5-Minute Core Strengthening
October 1, 2019
By Chiro One Wellness Centers
What if you could strengthen and improve your balance, stability and functionality in five minutes? All you need to do is dedicate five minutes a day,
three to four times a week to strengthening and toning your core. For optimal core strengthening results, alternate the exercises below for five minutes.
Squat thrusts/burpees are beneficial to your entire body. This workout move is a full-body strengthening routine that burns a lot of calories and requires no workout equipment.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms to your sides.
- Bend your knees to lower yourself into a deep squat while simultaneously putting your hands on the floor.
- Jump your feet backward, so that you land into a plank position.
- Bring your feet toward your hands, returning to a deep squat and standing back up in your starting position.
- Repeat in groups of 10, resting for 10 seconds in between (2.5 mins).
Adding the Windshield wiper exercise to your workout regime is great for improving stability and improving hip joint muscles.
- Lay face up on a mat or cushioned surface with your arms straight out. Your body should be in the shape of a T.
- Extend your legs towards the ceiling.
- While tightening your core, begin lowering your legs to the right without lifting your shoulders.
- Continue by swinging your legs to the left without lifting your shoulders.
- Continue alternating from side to side with control.
- Repeat in groups of 15, resting for 15 seconds in between (2.5 mins).
Always consult with your doctor before beginning a new exercise regimen, especially if you have a serious medical condition, physical limitations or experience chronic pain.