Birthing a Motherhood of Wellness, by Dr. John Demartini
May 26, 2016
By Chiro One Wellness Centers
This month we celebrated Mother’s Day. Whether you celebrated your mother, were celebrated as a mother or celebrated motherhood at large, I hope it was a meaningful day, full of wellness.
Why does it take a specific holiday for us to remember to instill meaning into our lives? We should consciously choose to have meaning in every day, every month – every year of our lives. How do we get so off-track that it takes a national holiday for us to reprioritize?
When you fill your days with selected challenges that inspire you, your month doesn’t fill up with distressful challenges that don’t inspire you. When you do what you love, you build wellness promoting eustress (“good stress”), which is beneficial for wellness, inspiration, performance and well-being. When you feel burdened by low priority distractions, you create illness resulting in distress (“bad stress”). You won’t live an inspired, meaningful and productive month (or life!), if you keep allowing low priorities to consume your days.
To enhance the probability of obtaining greater motherhood wellness and “wealth-ness” consider the following practical actions:
- On a plain pad of paper, draw four equally spaced vertical lines resulting in five columns.
- In column 1, list every item presently in or on your mind that you feel is essential to get done – I mean everything – nothing is too small or insignificant, both personally and professionally.
- In column 2, list an estimate of how much income, or how many dollars each item in column 1 would produce per hour.
- In column 3, list how much overall meaning each item in column 1 provides you rating it on a 1 – 10 scale.
- In column 4, list how much it would cost to have someone else do this item if it were selectively and wisely delegated.
- In column 5, list how many minutes or hours a day you are typically doing it.
By making these above lists you can more effectively decide what actions are truly most important and productive in your life and know which items are wise to delegate.
When you fill your days with high priority actions that inspire you, have meaning and produce results (instead filling up your day with low priority distractions that lower your self-worth). You will achieve more and feel more fulfilled when you stick to what items are truly most important.
Great wellness, achievement and fulfillment can walk hand in hand with you if you decide to take command of your life. In truth, every day deserves to be Mother’s Day.
Dr. John Demartini
A world-renowned inspirational speaker, Dr. John Demartini is a noted educator, business consultant, author and founder of The Demartini Institute. He was featured in the acclaimed book and movie The Secret, and is the author of 40 books published in over 29 different languages. Holding a doctorate of chiropractic, Dr. Demartini is a retired chiropractor, and to this day carries with fondness his early memories of enjoying the use of hands, heart and mind at chiropractic college.