Anti-Inflammatory Lentil Curry Stew
May 6, 2020
By Chiro One Wellness Centers
Packed full of anti-inflammatory staples like bone broth, lentils and spinach, this spicy stew is as healthy as it is delicious. Even better? It’s quick and easy to make—perfect for a busy weeknight.
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garam masala powder
- 4 cups bone broth
- 1 cup red lentils
- 3 cups cooked butternut squash
- 1 cup spinach
- Fresh grated ginger (to taste)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Heat oil in a large pot on low-medium heat, sauté onion and garlic for five minutes.
- Stir in spices and cook for two additional minutes. Add broth and lentils and bring to a boil. Then, reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes until thickened.
- Stir in cooked butternut squash and spinach. Cook over medium heat for about 5-8 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and add some freshly grated ginger to taste.
Recipe courtesy of ohsheglows.com.