An 8-Minute Workout to Restore Your Flexibility & Strength
May 5, 2020
By Chiro One Wellness Centers
Getting back into a regular exercise routine after the holidays can take a lot of work. Because of this, your body may have lost some strength and flexibility in your joints. Enjoy this quick 8-minute workout to help restore muscle memory and strength.
- Start by lying on your back with your legs extended. Keep your arms straight and to your sides.
- Bring your knees to your chest while keeping your hips to the ground.
- Hold for 8-10 counts. Repeat 4-6 times.
Straight Leg Crossover
- Start by lying on your back with your legs extended. Keep your arms out to your sides.
- Lift your left leg toward the ceiling. Then, slowly lower your leg to the right side while crossing your other leg over your body.
- Hold for 8-10 counts and repeat 4-6 times on each side.
- Start by lying face down on the floor with your arms extended past your head.
- Lift your right hand and left leg slightly off of the ground.
- Keep your body straight and your stomach pulled into your spine.
- Return to your starting position, and repeat with your left hand and right leg.
- Continue for 30 seconds.
Always consult with your doctor before adding new workouts into your routine, especially if you have a serious medical condition, physical limitations or experience chronic pain.