4 Holiday Gratitude Traditions
November 26, 2019
By Chiro One Wellness Centers
Around the table. This is the classic way to share your gratitude.
- Start with the youngest (or the oldest, the tallest, the silliest—whomever you’d like).
- Have the first person share something they are grateful for.
- Continue around the table and enjoy hearing what everyone has to say.
- Consider going around the group more than one time.
(Tip: You could do this before the meal begins or you could keep it going during the meal.)
Anonymously grateful. An interesting way to express everyone’s gratitude.
- Have everyone write down what they are most grateful for on a small piece of paper.
- Toss all of the pieces of paper into a big bowl.
- Then, have each person go around the circle and pull out one to read.
- Keep the writer a secret or have fun guessing and shouting out who wrote what.
Guess who’s grateful? This is an extended version of the last idea; basically, you try to match the thankful words to the person who said it!
- Tear up enough strips of paper for everyone to have two.
- Put a number on each piece of paper.
- Have everyone grab two strips of paper (they don’t have to be close in number order) and write down something they are grateful for on each piece.
- Put all the pieces of paper into a bowl.
- Now, give everyone one full-sized sheet of paper and have them write down the names of everyone there (including themselves). (Tip: To save time, you can type up this beforehand and print enough copies for everyone.)
- Then, have a person pick out one strip at a time and read it aloud, including the number.
- As the grateful words and sentences are read aloud, everyone guesses who said what by putting the number by the person’s name on their paper.
- Keep going until all the strips of paper are read.
- Give one point for each correctly identified person. The most points wins!
Thankful Pictionary. A twist on the classic game.
- Follow all the rules of Pictionary, but instead have each person draw something they are grateful for.
- For an added twist, have everyone write down what they are grateful for on scraps of paper and then each person picks someone else’s to draw.
Wishing you and yours a happy, healthy and safe Thanksgiving from all of us at Chiro One Wellness Centers.