July 1, 2020
By Chiro One Wellness Centers
Suffering from acute low back pain? We know how hard it can be. But relief is possible! As chiropractors, we know the impact routine chiropractic care and healthy lifestyle changes can have on pain relief and function. But… what are some things you can do to relieve tightness and tension right now? Enter, a set of helpful stretches for low back pain. Knowing the right stretches that can target and work the muscles around an injury is a critical tool to have in your healing arsenal.
The Pelvic Tilt
- Start by lying on your back with your knees bent, feet flat on the ground. Keep your arms by your sides.
- Slowly arch your lower back and push your stomach out. This will help stabilize your core! Hold this for 5–10 seconds and then relax.
- Then, push your pelvis toward the ceiling (make sure it’s still against the floor) while tightening your abs and glutes. Hold this for 5–10 seconds and then.
- Start with 10–15 repetitions daily, building up to 25–30.
The Bridge (Supported)
- Begin by lying on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Slightly lift your hips off of your mate, and place a very firm pillow or foam roller underneath them.
- Completely relax your body into the floor, creating tension against your foam roller or pillow.
- Hold this for 30–60 seconds and repeat 3-4 times. Make sure to rest between sets!
Talk to your doctor before adding new stretches and therapies to your routine.