Dr. Stuart Bernsen of Oak Brook-based Chiro One Wellness Centers named as Finalist in Entrepreneur of the Year Award
May 11, 2011
By Chiro One Wellness Centers
Congratulations to Oak Brook Chief Executive Officer, Dr. Stuart Bernsen, a finalist for the prestigious Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
OAK BROOK–(May 11, 2011)—Chiro One Wellness Centers’ CEO, Dr. Stuart Bernsen was recently named as a Finalist in the 2011 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Midwest Competition.
Bernsen is among a group of outstanding entrepreneurs selected by an independent judging panel made up of previous winners of the award, leading CEOs, private capital investors and other regional business leaders. Winners will be revealed at a gala on June 22 at the Sheraton Chicago.
Bernsen, a graduate of Palmer University, founded Lifeline Chiropractic Wellness Center in Evanston, IL. In 2004, he founded LifeWorks Health Centers which expanded to seven clinics. Joining forces with Chiropractic One in the spring of 2006, Dr. Bernsen led the merger which created Chiro One Wellness Centers. Currently Chiro One boasts 60 centers throughout the greater Chicago area, Kentucky and Texas and was ranked eighth on Crain’s Chicago Business 2010 Fast Fifty list for the fastest growing businesses in 2010. Dr. Bernsen is the author of World’s Greatest Health Secrets Revealed, 2007 International Chiropractor of the Year, 2011 Chicago Area Entrepreneurship Hall of Fame, is on the extension faculty of three graduate schools, and is a nationally sought after speaker.
The Midwest region includes companies based in Illinois and Indiana. The Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year 2011 Midwest finalists are:
- Jaideep Bajaj, ZS Associates, Inc. — Evanston, Illinois
- Stuart Bernsen, Chiro One Wellness Centers — Oak Brook, Illinois
- Jack W. Blumenstein and Michael J. Small, Aircell — Itasca, Illinois
- Paul C. Darley, W.S. Darley & Co. — Itasca, Illinois
- Mike Evans and Matt Maloney, GrubHub, Inc. — Chicago, Illinois
- Ted Gelov, Heartland Sweeteners, LLC. — Carmel, Indiana
- Scott Graf, BCD Meetings & Incentives — Chicago, Illinois
- Michele Honomichl, Celergo — Deerfield, Illinois
- Gordon Hunter, Littelfuse, Inc. — Chicago, Illinois
- Andrew Mason, Groupon, Inc. — Chicago, Illinois
- Robert J. McCullen, Trustwave Holdings, Inc. — Chicago, Illinois
- Matthew Moog, Viewpoints Network, LLC — Chicago, Illinois
- Guy H. Morgan, BlueStar Energy Services, Inc. — Chicago, Illinois
- John Priest, Equable Ascent Financial, LLC — Buffalo Grove, Illinois
- James Reynolds, Jr., Loop Capital Markets — Chicago, Illinois
- Joe Reynolds, Red Frog Events — Chicago, Illinois
- Shawn Riegsecker, Centro — Chicago, Illinois
- Jai Shekhawat, Fieldglass, Inc. — Chicago, Illinois
- Andrew Sieja, kCura — Chicago, Illinois
- Jeff Silver, Coyote Logistics, LLC — Lake Forest, Illinois
- Joseph J. Slawek, FONA International — Geneva, Illinois
- Mark A. Thierer, SXC Health Solutions — Lisle, Illinois
- Elliot S. Weissbluth, HighTower — Chicago, Illinois
- Jeffrey M. Yordon, Sagent Pharmaceuticals, Inc. — Schaumburg, Illinois
“These finalists create jobs in our area, encouraging community development and innovation in our broader economy,” said Randy Tavierne, Ernst & Young partner and Midwest Strategic Growth Markets Leader. “No matter who wins on June 22 we know one thing for sure — the Midwest is enriched by every one of these finalists.”
The Entrepreneur Of The Year Program honors entrepreneurs regionally in June, leading up to the national awards in November. Additionally, venture-backed companies that win an Entrepreneur Of The Year Award regionally are also eligible for the Entrepreneur Of The Year Venture Capital Award of Excellence on a national level. The overall National US winner then moves on to compete for the Ernst & Young World Entrepreneur Of The Year Award in June.
This year, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Program celebrates its 25th anniversary. The program has expanded to recognize business leaders in more than 140 cities and more than 50 countries throughout the world. Awards are given to entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. For more information about the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards, please visit www.ey.com/us/eoy.
About Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year
Representing the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs, this unique award makes a difference through the way it encourages entrepreneurial activity among those with potential, and recognizes the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement. As the first and only truly global award of its kind, Entrepreneur Of The Year celebrates those who are building and leading successful, growing and dynamic businesses, recognizing them through regional, national and global awards programs in more than 140 cities in more than 50 countries.