Chiropractic Effective Treatment of Headaches, Says Chiro One Wellness Centers
September 25, 2009
By Chiro One Wellness Centers
Oak Brook, IL – Sept. 25, 2009 –This October, during National Chiropractic Month, Chiro One Wellness Centers is encouraging families to consider chiropractic care as a treatment for several types of headaches.
While many people associate chiropractic care as a treatment for bad backs, there is growing documentation that chiropractic is also effective in the treatment of cervicogenic headaches, migraines and cluster headaches.
“Research shows that spinal manipulation is an effective treatment option for headaches,” says Dr. Andy Eichorst, Clinic Director of Chiro One Wellness Center of Oak Brook. “Not only does drug-free, conservative chiropractic care provide almost immediate relief from pain, but it has significantly fewer side effects and longer-lasting relief than many commonly prescribed medications.”
Additionally, doctors of chiropractic are trained to recommend therapeutic and rehabilitative exercises, as well as to provide nutritional, dietary and lifestyle counseling—all of which are important components in the management of chronic headache pain.
If you frequently suffer from headaches, Dr. Andy Eichorst and Chiro One recommend the following tips:
- If you spend a large amount of time in one fixed position, such as in front of a computer, take a break and stretch every 30 minutes to one hour.
- Low-impact exercise may help relieve the pain associated with primary headaches.
- Drink at least eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day to help avoid dehydration, which can lead to headaches.
- Avoid slouching.
- Try a low-fat, high-complex carbohydrate diet. A recent study demonstrated that such a diet can dramatically lower the frequency, intensity, and duration of migraine headaches.
- Reduce stress at home and work by planning ahead and engaging in relaxation and breathing exercises
- Get plenty of sleep and maintain a regular sleep schedule.
This October, during National Chiropractic Month, talk with a doctor of chiropractic about how you can obtain headache relief through spinal manipulation and chiropractic care. “When it comes to managing headache pain, there’s no magic solution that works for everyone, but chiropractic care is certainly an effective treatment option every patient should keep in mind,” Dr. Eichorst says.
For more information on chiropractic or any of the tips mentioned above, contact Dr. Eichorst at (630) 468-1820.
Interested in finding out more about how chiropractic can help?
During the month of October, Chiro One is offering a focused spinal
up to 2 X-rays (if needed) and an orthotic foot scan (a $320 value) for $20. For more information, call (630) 468-1824.
About Chiro One Wellness Centers
Chiro One serves Chicagoland and Kentucky with 40 convenient clinics and offers a variety of services such as corrective chiropractic care, spinal cord and column rehabilitation, and seminars and lectures on multiple health topics. Chiro One Wellness Centers’ Vision is that every human being discovers their full potential. Their Mission, Leaders in developing extraordinary wellness for families and individuals by taking a stand for the well being of our communities through education and service.