Yummy, Chewy No-Bake Granola Bars
February 11, 2020
By Chiro One Wellness Centers
These granola bars are EVERYTHING!
They’re chewy, yummy, healthy and easy to make. Our friends at online food blog,
Bowl of Delicious provided the recipe for these scrumptious bars, and they are perfect
for a midday snack, or to take with you on a fun, family-friendly outing.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup local honey
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup organic steel cut oats
- 1 cup nuts or seeds (i.e., pumpkin seeds, almonds, sunflower seeds, etc.)
- 1 cup chopped dried fruit (i.e., figs, raisins, apricots, etc.)
Optional extras: vanilla extract, cinnamon, dark chocolate chips or nutmeg
- Melt coconut oil, honey, kosher salt and your choice of extras in a saucepan.
- Add in oats and stir to coat.
- Add dried fruit and fold into the mixture. Continue cooking on low heat for a few seconds.
- Line a small baking dish with parchment paper. Leave the sides of the paper long.
- Add the mixture to your dish and spread evenly.
- Fold the parchment paper over the top of the granola while making sure to pack the mixture tightly and evenly.
- Refrigerate and cool overnight.
- Remove, cut into 6-8 bars, and then eat and enjoy!
Note: Liquid mixture may become foamy. If so, turn the heat to low.
Note: These no-bake bars can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.