The Journey to Discovering Your Full Potential, Part II
February 25, 2015
By Chiro One Wellness Centers
Congratulations, you’ve chosen to embark on the journey to discovering your full potential. Now the real work begins. Before we get into the specifics of how to discover and reach your full potential, I want to share a couple of thoughts with you.
- Once you’re clear on the results you’d like to produce…detach yourself from a timeline for the results to manifest. If you don’t, you may quit right before your breakthrough. If you do set a goal with a timeline and you don’t achieve it; reset the clock and keep on going.
- Prepare your mind (expectations) for the journey and not the destination. The real gift is who you become in the process and not what you get from it. What you’ll find as you continue to expand your belief and successes is that at every level, what you once thought was a big deal–isn’t. When you achieve a worthy goal or desire, you expand your possibilities to another level which reframes your current accomplishment as noteworthy but not necessarily the pinnacle of success. This is how you never stop growing!
Here’s a step-by-step guide to discover your full potential:
- Begin with the end in mind! This is the essence of it all. You must get crystal clear on EXACTLY what it is you want. The clearer your vision the more likely you are to achieve it. Though this sounds simple, it’s not an easy task. It takes time, effort and dedication to complete. Do whatever you must to get this done.
- Start building your faith and belief! This is where the rubber meets the road. Doing this takes an extraordinary commitment to personal development. The size of your dream will determine the amount of investment you must make into yourself to achieve it.
- Read, read and read some more – whether it’s via audio, PDF, eBook, hardcopy, paperback or whatever. Read books by people that have the fruit on their tree you desire so you are reading about proven experience rather than theory.
- Surround yourself with people who are more accomplished than you! Ultimately you want to surround yourself with the very best in your chosen area of expertise. If you are unable to do that, then find people who are way ahead of you. This is your shortcut!
- Disassociate yourself from those that aren’t aligned with your goals Ouch. This can mean family, friends, colleagues, etc. You will become like the people you hang out with most of the time. Beware of the “Dream Stealers!”
- Take Massive Action! Once you are clear on what you want and start building your brain to become bigger than any problem you’ll ever face, then you must take ACTION. Once you do that, take MORE ACTION. After that, take MASSIVE ACTION! Then do it again, and again, and again. This very act will teach you everything you’ll need to learn to accomplish your dreams, goals and desires!
- Work on your dreams as much as you work in them. Be aware of where you’re at in reference to where you planned to be. Oftentimes we get so busy being in it, we forget to work on it. Set your goals, check your progress, sharpen the saw and make adjustments to self-correct.
You really can have whatever you want. As you can see, it’s not hard to do, it’s really simple and anyone can choose to do it. The only question left is, “will you?”I wish nothing but the best for you!