June 24, 2020
By Chiro One Wellness Centers
Bone broth is delicious, nutritious and good for you in more ways than one! Research suggests it can even help restore gut lining, fight food sensitivities, increase good bacteria and encourage healthy inflammation levels in the digestive tract. It’s also a huge source of natural collagen! Amazing, right? There’s a reason it’s so expensive at your local health food store, but truthfully, it’s actually pretty easy to make at home. Here’s how!
Bone Broth Ingredients
- 2lbs beef or chicken bones
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon organic apple cider vinegar
- To begin your bone broth, place your bones, veggies and garlic into a 3-quart slow-cooker. Then fill the cooker to the top with water and add your salt and vinegar.
- Next, cook together on low for 18-24 hours. (And remember—the longer you cook it, the richer the flavor!)
- After that, strain the broth through a cheesecloth or mesh strainer.
- Finally, eat and enjoy or store and refrigerate.