Chiropractic Tips to Improve Health, Longevity by Hydrating
January 17, 2012
By Chiro One Wellness Centers
Water Increases Longevity
“In order to live a long and healthy life, you want to stay well hydrated,” says Loyal Nelson, D.C. Chiropractic Director of Chiro One Wellness Center of West Loop. “Emerging research suggests that chronic dehydration is the root cause of many of the diseases we confront in medicine at present.” Water regulates all functions of the body, and that when the system is depleted in water, disease symptoms appear as a result of the body’s attempts to ration its vital stores of water. In fact, all symptoms of aging are accompanied by slow dehydration of the organs and tissues and associated free radical damage to cells. As a rule of thumb, Nelson and Chiro One Wellness Centers recommend a minimum of six 8-ounce glasses of pure water a day for most people, but if you’re active or live in warm climates, you may need a little more.
Healing Power of H2O
Apart from the obvious—drinking water—there are many other therapeutic benefits to water. Because of its fluid nature, when you experience any kind of muscle stiffness or spasms, there’s nothing quite so relaxing and liberating as getting into a warm bath. If you’re feeling tired or drained, there’s nothing that cleanses your spirit quite like sitting or walking by a moving river or stream. The negative ions produced by the movement of water purify the air and have a beneficial impact on mood and health.
Top 10 Health Benefits of Drinking Water.
- Lose weight: Drinking water helps you lose weight because it flushes down the by-products of fat breakdown and reduces hunger.
- Natural Remedy for Headache: Helps to relieve headache and back pains due to dehydration.
- Look Younger with Healthier Skin: Water helps to replenish skin tissues, moisturizes skin and increase skin elasticity.
- Better Productivity at Work: Drinking water helps you think better, be more alert and more concentrate.
- Better Exercise and Improved Mood: Drinking water regulates your body temperature. You’ll feel more energetic when doing exercises and water helps to fuel your muscle and improve your mood.
- Helps in Digestion and Constipation: Drinking water raises your metabolism because it helps in digestion.
- Less Likely to Get Sick and Feel Healthy: Drinking plenty of water helps fight against flu and other ailments like kidney stones and heart attack and can improve our immune system.
- Relieves Fatigue: Water is used by the body to help flush out toxins and waste products from the body which in turn gives you more energy.
- Reduce the Risk of Cancer: Some studies show that drinking a healthy amount of water may reduce the risks of bladder cancer and colon cancer.
- Increases Longevity: Studies have shown that water has anti-aging properties and that staying hydrated can increase long