September 16, 2020
By Chiro One Wellness Centers
Looking for an easy snack that’s sure to please? This guacamole recipe, rich in fatty acids and antioxidants, is just what you’re looking for. Here’s how it’s done.
Healthy Fats and You
A diet rich in healthy fats will impact your energy levels, protect the organs and provide warmth for your body. Good fats, like saturated fats, help you absorb vitamins, promote cell growth, lower cholesterol levels and fight off disease. These are natural, unprocessed fats that you can find in grass-fed meats, seeds, nuts, butter, coconut oil and (like in this guacamole recipe) avocado.
- 2 fresh avocados
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 lime
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- Diced red onion, tomato or bell pepper (optional)
- To start your guacamole, peel and pit your avocados, adding the fleshy part to a bowl, along with your minced garlic.
- Next, wash and halve the lime, squeezing the juice into the bowl.
- Add your salt and mash everything together with a fork until smooth.
- For an extra kick to your guacamole, feel free to add some chopped tomato, red pepper or red onion!
Enjoyed this simple guacamole recipe? Find more of our favorite healthy snacks (and more!) in our resource center!