DIY: Hand Sanitizer
March 31, 2020
By Chiro One Wellness Centers
Effective hand hygiene products can be hard to come by. We have the perfect solution—making your own! Adding essential oils to this recipe gives it a personal touch. Best part? It’s affordable (most ingredients can be found at a local dollar store), natural and makes more for you to share!
- 2 ounce spray bottle
- 3 tablespoons of aloe vera
- 3 tablespoons 190 proof grain alcohol
- Distilled water
- 5 drops each: Vitamin E, Tea Tree, Lemon and Orange essential oils
- Permanent markers in different colors
- In the spray bottle, combine all ingredients EXCEPT water and shake well for 15-20 seconds.
- Open the bottle and add water to fill to the top. Shake for another 15-20 seconds.
- Decorate and label your bottle!
To apply: Shake the bottle before use to mix the essential oils. Spray it generously onto your hands. Rub your hands together until dry. If skin irritation occurs, discontinue use immediately.