Reinvention, by Dr. John Demartini
March 31, 2016
By Chiro One Wellness Centers
Each year, Mother Nature rewards us with a chance for reinvention with the arrival of the spring season.
There are some ways to prepare yourself for your annual reinvention. First, recognize and gratefully acknowledge the past, then allow yourself to let go of it. Second, determine what your highest and core values are. The most important or highest of the hierarchy of your values determines how you perceive (what you selectively attend to) and how you act (what you selectively intend). Third, make a promise not to compare yourself to others. When you do this, you introduce another person’s core values into your life, then you beat yourself up thinking that you are supposed to be like them.
I have five suggestions to facilitate reinvention:
- Stop whatever you are doing right now, reflect and introspect. Look at every action you are doing in your typical day, list all of them and prioritize them according to which produces the greatest overall fulfillment.
- Create a daily action list that features your highest, second highest and third highest priorities. Begin building momentum to a new, more productive direction by sticking to your highest priority actions that build your self-worth and ultimately net-worth.
- At the middle and end of each day, ask yourself what worked and what has not worked thus far. Then, make a list of both to review as daily “to do” and “not to do” checklists.
- At the end of each day, ask yourself, “What did I accomplish and how can I do it more effectively and efficiently tomorrow?”
- Finally, at the end of the day, document in writing what you can be grateful for – for all of the new opportunities that began to emerge. When you are grateful for what you have, you will receive more things to be grateful for.
With these simple steps, you can be well on your way to a reinvention path that can heal you, rejuvenate you and inspire you to succeed in the coming year.
Dr. John Demartini
A world-renowned inspirational speaker, Dr. John Demartini is a noted educator, business consultant, author and founder of The Demartini Institute. He was featured in the acclaimed book and movie The Secret, and is the author of 40 books published in over 29 different languages. Holding a doctorate of chiropractic, Dr. Demartini is a retired chiropractor, and to this day carries with fondness his early memories of enjoying the use of hands, heart and mind at chiropractic college.